We know your privacy is important to you, and at DroneDeploy, your privacy is important to us as well. So is being transparent about how we gather, use, and share information about you.
DroneDeploy Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “DroneDeploy”, “we” or “us”) have prepared this Recruitment Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to inform candidates and job applicants about the processing of personal data in the context of their application and recruitment.
What is Covered by this Notice
This Notice applies to the processing of personal data of job applicants and candidates for employment (collectively, “Applicants”, “you” or “your”) at DroneDeploy in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland (“Europe”) as well as any other jurisdiction in which the position to which this Notice is posted.
For the purpose of this Notice, “personal data” means information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, and “processing” means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as creating, collecting, accessing, recording, organizing, storing, altering, retrieving, using, disclosing or destroying the data. Within the category of personal data, there are “special categories of personal data”, which require a greater degree of protection whilst processing. This includes data on physical and mental health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade union membership, religious beliefs, sexual life and genetic and biometric data.
Personal Data We Process
DroneDeploy may collect the following categories of personal data directly from you:
- Identification information, including name, date and place of birth, language.
- Contact details, including phone number, email address and mailing address.
- Application information, including your application form, CV, cover letter, references, educational and professional qualification, employment history, rehiring information, promotion information, lateral move information, desired compensation and position changes.
- Assessment information, including recordings of video interviews and results of online assessments.
DroneDeploy may collect the following categories of personal data from third parties:
- Professional social media information. If you include a professional social media link or identifier in your application, we may retrieve information about your professional social media presence from such social media sites.
We will only collect and process special categories of personal data (including data regarding criminal convictions and offenses) where this is necessary and relevant for the position you are applying to, and where authorized by law.
Where required, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with personal data, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide personal data when requested, we may not be able to manage the recruitment process.
How We Use Personal Data
DroneDeploy may processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Evaluating your job application, including registering your application, assessing your job application in view of a potential recruitment, communicating with you about your application.
- Background screening, including screening of educational and professional background prior to employment.
- Future recruitment, including maintaining a database of job candidates in order to be able to contact potential candidates if any future job opportunities match their profile.
- Compliance, including complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and performing audits.
- Protecting DroneDeploy, including responding to legal claims and otherwise protecting our rights and interests to the extent permitted by law.
DroneDeploy only processes your personal data when we have a lawful basis to do so, including when:
- Necessary to enter into or to perform our agreement with you;
- You have consented to the use of your personal data;
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal data, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations;
- We are authorized by law to use certain special categories of data, or data related to criminal offenses, for example to conduct background checks; or
- DroneDeploy or a third party has a legitimate interest in using your personal data. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in assessing and evaluating job applicants before making an offer for employment, in order to ensure the good functioning of our business.
How We Share Your Personal Data
DroneDeploy may share your personal data:
- with DroneDeploy’s group of companies, including headquarters in the United States, our affiliates and other entities within the DroneDeploy group;
- with our service providers who perform services on our behalf such as talent management and assessment companies or entities providing online interviewing services, and other service providers appointed by DroneDeploy;
- with our business partners and entities who provide products or services, such as hosting;
- with other third-parties as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the interests, rights, property, or safety of DroneDeploy, its employees or others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or governmental or regulatory request or legal process served on us; and
- with an acquirer, successor, or assignee of our company as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
International Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal data to the United States, where we are headquartered. The United States laws governing data collection and use may differ from those in your country. When we transfer personal data outside of Europe and other jurisdictions, we implement appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable data protection laws, such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses. For more information about international data transfers, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights and Choices
You have several rights and choices with regard to our use of your personal data.
- When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge. We will apply your choice going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- You may request access to and information about the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, restrict or object to the processing of your personal data, have your personal data anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal data to another company. Note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. You always have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Unless otherwise indicated, DroneDeploy is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the data processing described in this Notice.
If you have questions about this Notice, please contact us via email at [email protected] or via regular mail at:
c/o DroneDeploy, Inc.
548 Market St. #34583
San Francisco, California 94104
Last Updated 11/3/2021