If you acquired Services from DroneDeploy subject to these Educational Use Terms (“Terms”), as stated in the Order Form, then these Terms apply to your use of the Services. These Terms are a supplement to any other active, duly executed contract that you have with DroneDeploy, and any definitions used in such agreement apply to these Terms.
We may modify these Terms from time to time. Such modifications will take effect on the stated update date unless you have a then-active Order Form for a specified term, in which case such changes will take effect for any extensions or renewal terms. We will post notice of modifications to these Terms on this page. If you do not agree to the modified Terms, you should discontinue your use of the Services.
- Qualified Educational Institution.
- Customer hereby certifies and agrees that it is a Qualified Educational Institution (as defined below). Failure to qualify as a Qualified Educational Institution is a violation of these Terms.
- “Qualified Educational Institution” means an educational institution that has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency within its applicable local, state, provincial, federal, or national government and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students. Examples of Qualified Educational Institutions include, without limitation, public or private:
- Middle schools and high schools;
- Junior colleges;
- Colleges, universities and technical schools; and
- Home school programs which belong to a nationally recognized home-schooling body or are expressly recognized by a local school governing body as an acceptable alternative to an accredited educational institution.
Specifically excluded, without limitation, from the definition of Qualified Educational Institution are:
- Non-accredited educational institutions;
- Training centers;
- Hospitals, healthcare systems & research laboratories;
- Libraries; and
- Educational Use Restrictions.
- The Services may be used by Customer solely for Customer’s internal educational and training purposes (the “Approved Use”). Any use by Customer of the Services other than the Approved Use is a violation of these Terms.
- Use of the Services by the facilities department of a Qualified Educational Institution does not meet the requirements of an educational or training purposes as described in these Terms and is not an Approved Use.
- Any use by Customer of the Services other than the Approved Use is a violation of these Terms.
- Public Educational Institutions. If you are a Qualified Educational Institution that is majority-owned by or is a legal branch or agency of a state or local government in the United States or Canada (a “Public Educational Institution”), then notwithstanding anything to the contrary in your agreement with DroneDeploy, any such agreement with DroneDeploy (including the terms related to indemnification) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State or Province of the main campus for such Public Educational Institution. Such laws shall govern without reference to the conflicts-of-laws rules thereof. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act shall not apply (and are excluded from the laws governing). In addition, each party agrees that any claim, action or dispute arising under or relating to the agreement will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the local courts of the county in which the main campus of Public Educational Institution is located, or the administrative tribunal having exclusive jurisdiction over disputes involving Public Educational Institution, as applicable.
- Children’s Privacy. Customer may not allow children under the age of 16 to create an account with DroneDeploy or to otherwise share any of their personal information with DroneDeploy.
- Violations. Without limiting DroneDeploy’s other rights and remedies, Customer agrees to pay for any use of the Services in violation of these Terms at DroneDeploy’s then-current standard rates.
Last Updated 11/3/2021