In cases where satellite base layer imagery is inaccurate or unusable, the Plan Flights Over Existing Map app can be very useful. Using a previously completed DroneDeploy map of an area, you can plan a flight by tracing your flight plan on top of that previous map, allowing you to see the most recent terrain features for accurate flight planning.
Note: before making use of this app, it is required that you make a map of an area first.
How to use this app:
- Once you’ve installed the Plan Flights Over Existing Map app, go to your flight planning screen in DroneDeploy
- Search for or navigate to the general area on the satellite base layer in which you want to plan your flight
- Use the toggle button in the Plan Flights Over Existing Map app to toggle on and off any existing maps in the area in which you want to plan your flight
- Recent maps in the area will then appear and you can place your flight plan geometry in the exact places you want, even without satellite coverage
- That’s it, you’re ready to fly!