Getting your data into the software you use the most is important. The Autodesk App for DroneDeploy lets you securely sync your drone data and maps directly from DroneDeploy to your Autodesk Forge account storage.
Note: in order to use the Autodesk App you need to execute a native DroneDeploy export of your data first so that the data can be synced to your Autodesk account. More information is below.
How to use this app:
- Once the Autodesk App is installed on your DroneDeploy account, go to the map viewer screen to view a specific map
- On the map viewer screen, click on the “Export” menu button at the top left of the screen
- Important: you need to first execute a native DroneDeploy export with the specific resolution, map projection, and file type that you’d like
- Once that export is complete, it will be listed in the export area as an “Existing” export
- You can then sync that export to your Autodesk Forge account
- Scroll down to the Autodesk App and click the “Sign in” button
- A new window will appear where you can sign into your Autodesk Forge account using your existing account credentials
- Ensure you are not blocking pop-ups in your web browser!
- Once authenticated, you’ll be able to select one of your “Existing” exports to sync to your specific Autodesk Forge hub
- Your DroneDeploy data will then be available in your Autodesk Forge account